Michael R. Popcke received his B.A. degree in 1978 from The Pennsylvania State University, and thereafter received his Juris Doctor in 1981 from Duquesne School of Law, where he received the American Jurisprudence Award in constitutional Law.
From 1982 to 1986, Mr. Popcke was a Lieutenant, Judge Advocate Generals’ Corps, US Naval Reserve, serving as a prosecutor, defense counsel and legal assistance attorney. He also coordinated and taught legal courses to prospective command legal officers. He received a Navy Achievement Medal for services rendered.
From 1986 to 1989, Mr. Popcke practiced business related civil litigation in San Diego. From 1990 to the present Mr. Popcke has practice civil litigation primarily related to defense of medical malpractice claims, administrative licensing board proceedings and related matters, wrongful termination and medical staff privilege cases.
Over his career, Mr. Popcke has given seminars and in-service training to the staff and members of various healthcare institutions and organizations on a variety of healthcare medical-legal topics. He has successfully tried cases for healthcare providers involving a wide variety of medical and legal issues, and has often achieved successful, cost-efficient results for his clients without trial.
Location: 621 2nd Street, Suite B, Encinitas CA 92024
Phone: (760) 943-9040
Fax: (760) 943-8918
- Duquesne School of Law - J.D. 1981
- Pennsylvania State University - B.A. 1978
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar Association, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers (SDDL)
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC)
- San Diego Association of Healthcare Risk Management (SDAHRM) - Current President and Board Member
- Southern California Association of Healthcare Risk Management (SCAHRM)